How do you create a meaningful, memorable experience for employees’ children when they visit for Take Your Daughters and Sons to Work Day (TYDSWD)?
Many clients weave Caring Capital projects into their TYDSWD schedule, making clear that philanthropy matters along with the company’s product or services. By adding a 30-minute Community Service project to the day, children see not only that it is easy to help others, but that businesses applaud doing so. Whether children decorate Pillowcases for service members, Journals for pediatric patients, or Greeting Cards for lonely seniors, Caring Capital:
- helps each company choose a nonprofit organization to support
- books a speaker to address the children, underscoring their impact
- ships comprehensive project kits with instructions or provides Master Teaching Artists to lead the activity
- can provide a second project for children to keep to remind them of their kindness
A national accounting firm provided Caring Capital’s Night Light project to children visiting its eight field offices. Caring Capital linked each office with the nearest Ronald McDonald House, to whom the gifts were donated. Children felt empowered by ‘shining a light’ on others not much different from themselves. The company benefitted by:
- donating to a local nonprofit, thus polishing its fine reputation
- pleasing its employees for teaching their children a critical life lesson
- filling a long day with a meaningful and engaging activity
We absolutely love the Night Lights and the handwritten notes from the kids who made them! Thank you again for suggesting us to your client as the recipients of this thoughtful donation. You have brought smiles to the faces of sad children.
Ronald McDonald House