How do you motivate and link 500 sales force members gathering in eight cities for their annual kick-off meeting?
Caring Capital shaped a community outreach initiative to engage all 500 associates on the same day for the same cause. In each city, associates formed teams of 6 to build and paint Bookcases, Treasure Boxes with wooden Alphabet Letters, and Chunky Books for Reach Out and Read (ROR). The nonprofit promotes early childhood literacy by donating new books to pediatricians in at-risk communities. During each young patient’s annual check-up, the doctor provides a new book and prescribes daily reading aloud for that child’s health.
To ensure success, Caring Capital:
- Shipped all the required supplies, from drop cloths to screwdrivers, as well as a comprehensive Manager’s Guide, to each community outreach site coordinator
- Led a virtual program orientation for site coordinators and their support staff
- Identified and introduced the local ROR executive director to the site coordinators and arranged for the directors to launch the programs with an in-person overview on the children served in each community
Sales force members bonded, made videos of their gift sets and took pictures on one another’s cell phones to share with friends and family. In addition, participants:
- Voiced deep pride in their employer’s commitment to helping those at risk
- Applauded their employer’s generosity in presenting cash donations to each of the 8 partner ROR chapters
- Savored the satisfaction of making an instant impact, in contrast to the more extended process of initiating and closing on sales transactions
- Returned to their home towns and in many cases, supported local ROR chapters
“These team-building events help to improve the organizational culture by allowing associates to connect personally, to be creative together, have fun, and ultimately enable stronger collaboration nationwide.”